Thursday, March 03, 2005

Making Our Reservations

On November 15, I called Disney Dining to make priority seating reservations at our favorite Park restaurants. You can actually make priority seating arrangements up to 60 days in advance but I also wanted to book the Holiday Tour and those can only be book 30 days in advance. We now had lunch reservations at the Blue Bayou on Thursday and breakfast reservations at the Carnation Café on Friday. After making these arrangements, I asked to be transferred to the tour department where I purchased tickets to the Holiday Tour for Wednesday afternoon.

I had noted on the Disneyland.com calendar that Fantasmic was scheduled to re-open on Friday, December 17 and I wanted to purchase tickets for the Fantasmic Dessert Buffet on the balcony of the Disney Gallery. Even though this event is very pricey, $49.75 per person, we had decided to go ahead and get tickets since we had never seen the show. Over the past ten years, we had been to Disneyland three times and each time Fantasmic was on hiatus for various reasons. Since this would be the first time we would see the show, we decided to splurge and see it in style. When I asked about purchasing tickets, I was told that Fantasmic would not be opening until Saturday, the day we were scheduled to leave. Disappointed, I decided to try again in two days, when it would be exactly 30 days before scheduled reopening of Fantasmic. I’ve found that if you don’t get the answer you want, sometimes it helps to just call back and talk to another Cast Member. Oftentimes, you’ll get a different answer.

At precisely 8:00 AM on November 17, I called Disneyland and after a short wait was connected to a very helpful Cast Member. Without explanation, I asked to purchase tickets for the Friday, December 17 Fantasmic Dessert Buffet at 10:30 PM. There was absolutely no problem getting the tickets. I was so excited. We now had all the pieces in place for a perfect trip. Now all we had to do was wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home