Friday, June 24, 2005

Change in Plans

I guess it hasn’t really sunk in yet, but yes, we’ve booked a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida. Instead of going to Disneyland in October, we’re going to go to WDW instead. It all happened so quickly that I really can’t believe it. We haven’t had a chance to mention it to any other family members yet. We all get together for a family birthday party this weekend, so we’ll bring it up then. I knew that I wanted to visit WDW someday, but it was always sometime in the future.

I was browsing the website on Sunday and on the front page they list the latest hot deals. One of offers said that Disney is offering a free dining plan when you book a Magic Your Way Vacation Package of 3 nights or more at a Walt Disney World Resort between 8/21/05 and 10/4/05. Just for laughs, I went to the Walt Disney World website and priced a 7 night vacation. I figured that instead of getting our own rooms we would have to share one in order to make the trip affordable. However, the total price for the trip, with one room, was LESS than what we planned to spend on our trip to Disneyland in October.

I shared my discovery with Jason and he was as interested as I was. Suddenly, it became a real possibility. I spent the rest of the evening pricing different options, including one with separate rooms. Even though this ended up being a little more expensive, we decided it would be worth it. We have different sleep patterns and having two bathrooms would be nice.

We tried to think about all the negatives, such as the heat and humidity, the long plane ride, and, of course, the fact that it was in the middle of hurricane season. In spite of these negatives, we still wanted to go. With the free dining plan, the majority of our meals would be paid for. Hotel rates, ticket prices and air fare are always going up, so the cost wouldn’t likely be going down next year. In addition, we thought it would be nice to be able to visit both Disneyland and Disney World during the 50th Anniversary Celebration.

We decided to sleep on it and make a final decision the next day. If we still wanted to go ahead with this, I would call Walt Disney Travel and book the trip.


Post a Comment

<< Home