Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Disneyland October 2006

I'm in the early stages of planning our next trip to Disneyland for October 2006, right before our annual passes are due to expire. Our hotel rooms are reserved at our favorite hotel, Howard Johnsons Plaza Hotel. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get the really low rate that we enjoyed during our first two visits. So, I booked with the annual passholder discount that gets us about 20% off the regular rack rate. I'll try calling back periodically in hopes that they'll offer an Entertainment Book rate of 50% off the rack rate. Anyway, it's nice to know that we have a place to stay in case things fill up. One thing we're hoping for is that Disney will offer really good annual passholder rates sometime during our stay and we'll be able to spend at least a few nights at the Disneyland Hotel.

Airfare has been climbing steadily and I'm beginning to think that I should have booked airfare earlier in the year. Right now it's hovering at around $330 round trip. Last December we paid $196. I guess if it gets too expensive, we could drive. This would save us the cost of renting a car once we're down there. However, it's a long, hard drive and takes most of two days each direction. These are days that could be spent in the parks.

Anyway, as plans for the trip unfold, I'll be posting them on this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home